cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@supereva.it>
Subject Moving Notifier?
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:02:47 GMT
In the process of finishing the notification stuff, I have now many classes
that are in the org.apache.cocoon:

NotificableCascadingRuntimeException.java
NotificableBuilderFactory.java
NotificableBuilder.java
DefaultNotificationBuilder.java
Notifier.java
Notification.java
Notificable.java

And other are coming.
I would prefer an org.apache.cocoon.notification package to clean things up
a bit.
I did maintain the Notificable interface as-is to maintain contracts; is
changing package a problem in this respect?

Another question, should I send a patch against the 2.0 or 2.1 branch?
Personally I think it is better to integrate this in 2.0 also (I can see
Xalan errors in detail finally), but maybe a 2.1 test and the a backport are
better for stability. Or else I'll send both and you decide ;-)

Finally, should I send it to the list or to a committer?

Thanks.

Nicola Ken Barozzi These are the days of miracle and wonder...
                               ...so don't cry baby, don't cry
<xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com> Paul Simon