cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: How can I completely turn off the cocoon logging?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:23:35 GMT
On Tuesday 20 November 2001 04:20 pm, you wrote:
> I am doing the performance tests and for this I need to completely turn off
> any form of cocoon logging.
> I have trouble to achieve this. How to do it?

Look at the logkit.xconf file in the WEB-INF/ directory. In there you can set
the debug levels to ERROR (what you probably want for testing).

Of course, most of the code is not prefixed with getLogger().isDebugEnabled()
so there is still a speed penalty for the string construction. I believe it
was Berin that made a post saying that removing all debug string generation
was a 20% speedup.
-pete