cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why many messages: Could not find component
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:52:46 GMT
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, David Crossley wrote:

> Does anyone know why there are many messages on
> Cocoon startup about "Could not find ComponentHandler"
> and "Could not find component for role"? However, it seems
> that everything is still functioning properly.

Its the nature of the component managing system to show when handlers and
components are created. You can see that those messages are tags as DEBUG.
They disappear if you raise the loglevel.

> Looking from a user point-of-view this could be very
> confusing. We will probably get heaps of feedback that
> Cocoon is broken or they will blame those messages for
> their own problems.

I don't think so as they are tagged as DEBUG messages. Have you ever run
an apache httpd in debug mode or even a mozilla :) ?

Giacomo