cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [RT]: Restructuring the build system
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:38:47 GMT
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
<snipped/>
> And to finish this RT I just forgot the FS:
>
> If we have a mechanism which is able to add something to the cocoon.xconf
> and the sitemap, we should use this for the core components as well.
> Rather then defining a sitemap which has all the component definitions in
> it already, this will be assembled during the build. Same applies
> to the cocoon.xconf.

What would be cool is something like a dependency description of ALL classes like

 - which class depends on which jar
 - which class depends on which sitemap.xmap snippets
 - which class depends on which cocoon.xconf snippet
 - which class depends on which other class
 - (all I've forgot so far)

With this information available we could build up a configurating system
(I've mentions something similar using ant property files to build an
custom cocoon-custom.jar (no, it was called differently, but I cannot
remember).

Giacomo