cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Role names
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 21:30:52 GMT
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Leo Sutic wrote:

> When using the latest (from CVS) version of Excalibur, this line in
> ProgramGeneratorImpl fails:
>
>     this.repository = (Store) this.manager.lookup(Store.ROLE +
> "/Filesystem");
>
> Looking in cocoon.roles, I found:
>
>  <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store.Filesystem"
>        shorthand="repository"
>        default-class="org.apache.cocoon.components.store.FilesystemStore"/>
>
> Changine the line in ProgramGeneratorImpl to:
>
>     this.repository = (Store) this.manager.lookup(Store.ROLE +
> ".Filesystem");
>
> works.
>
> If I remember correctly,
> "org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store.Filesystem" is wrong, and should
> be "org.apache.cocoon.components.store.Store/Filesystem". But I'm not sure.

Your remember correctly IMUOA (in my understanding of Avalon :). After
looking into the CVS log Dims changed it I think unintentionally on Mon
Jul 16 13:35:12 2001 UTC when checking in Revision 1.16 with the comment
"Componentize the JSP Engine."

I'll fix it right away.

> I am still wondering how it can work with the included version of Excalibur.
>
> Anyone?

Yes, I'm wondering too, but it somehow works ?!?

Giacomo