cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Cocoon-view, Cocoon-sitemap documentation
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:56:51 GMT
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > > I was trying to use to "?cocoon-view=view" query-parameter
> > > on serveral URL.
> > >
> > > Sadly for the http://localhost:8080/cocoon/documents/* URLs
> > > Cocoon always responded with an HTML content.
> > >
> > > As I was digging around in
> > > \org\apache\cocoon\components\language\markup\sitemap\java\sitemap.xsl,
> > > I found the map:label element for setting a view label,
> > > in a pipeline at any point.
> > >
> > > Thus I changed the documentation pipelines to:
> > >    <map:match pattern="*.html">
> > >     <map:aggregate element="site">
> > >      <map:part src="cocoon:/book-{1}.xml"/>
> > >      <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{1}.xml"/>
> > >     </map:aggregate>
> > >
> > >     <map:label name="content"/>
> >
> > Maybe the sitemap schema changed, but as I designed it, the label was an
> > attribute, not an element.
> >
> > So you'd do
> >
> >  <map:generator src="..."/>
> >  <map:transformer src="..." label="myview"/>
> >
> > instead. (but don't guarantee you that it works since not many people
> > know even the existance of views so not much bugfixing on that side,
> > yet!)
>
> I found this little treasure a while ago. The docs state the attribute label
> in the map:components section but map:label for somewhere inside the pipeline.
> Unfortunately I found that this is not working for aggregated content and/or subsitemaps.
> I think this is a very handy feature for development. It would be great
> to make this work also with aggregated content and sub sitemaps.

I've talked to Stefano (he is my guest for some days here) about the
map:label stuff and we found that the approach was wrong. It should be
an attribute. I'll take care of fixing it in the 2.1 branch and as soon
as we found it working correctly as we think it should I'll backport it
to the 2.0 branch.

Any objections?

Giacomo