cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ndi...@s-und-n.de
Subject Re: Parallel content-aggregation
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:21:28 GMT
Hello,

some more thoughts about parallel content-aggregation. I plan to use
content-aggregation for aggregation of external data, caching has to
be disabled because of frequent changes in the delivered data. Because
the external xml-source is not very fast I expect the performance benefit
of a
parallel mechanism to be more than same milliseconds.

The ordering of incomming SAX-Events could be handled by the separation
of connect-phase and deliver-phase. During connect-phase (connecting to
foreign host, waiting till first byte arrives) all threads work parallel,
but the
deliver-phase (streaming into handlers) is synchronized by a big lock
shared
between all threads.

Thoughts ?

Ciao