cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - Cocoon2
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:59:05 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> ?! Huh ?!
>
> The only backwards incompatible change is the PriorityQueue.

All it takes is one incompatible change...

> The PriorityQueue is only used in the HEAD branch (aka 2.1) of Cocoon anyway.

It is nice to know that there are no other projects anywhere in the known
universe which make use of this API.  :P

> This is FUD.  We will be making tests before release to ensure that it remains
> that way.

It could also be ignorance on my part.

One thing I do know is that Gump alerted people to this situation quickly
after it happened with automated e-mails.  I have followed up with personal
e-mails to both the avalon-dev and cocoon-dev mailing lists, and now even
referenced this situation on the general mailing list.

I really should not be this hard to get the avalon and cocoon communities
to work together.

- Sam Ruby