cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Heid <h...@fh-heilbronn.de>
Subject Solution for the xslt processing (=Patch)
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:11:59 GMT

Problem: When xslt transforming (Xalan) the serializer gets the sax events
AFTER the whole processing took place.

Solution:
org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl
Line 261:
+
tfactory.setAttribute("http://xml.apache.org/xalan/features/incremental",
Boolean.TRUE);

Found in the distribution of Xalan:
xalan-j_2_2_D11\docs\dtm.html

The question is if this could be turned to true generally. If the parser is
not Xerces it seems that an additional thread is used.

Here's the comment from that page:

"When set to true: If the parser is Xerces, we perform an incremental
transform on a single thread using the Xerces "parse on demand" feature. If
the parser is not Xerces, we run the transform in one thread and the parse
in another. Exception: if the parser is not Xerces and the XML source is a
DOMSource, setting this feature to true has no effect."

JOERN