cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Heid <h...@fh-heilbronn.de>
Subject WG: Problem with xslt pipelining: Demonstration
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2001 10:36:49 GMT
Has anybody tested it?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jörn Heid [mailto:heid@fh-heilbronn.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. November 2001 17:55
An: Cocoon-Dev
Betreff: Problem with xslt pipelining: Demonstration

I've just written a little demo application to demonstrate the problem.

First, compile the file TestGenerator.
Add it to the sitemap:

<map:generator name="test" src="TestGenerator" label="content" pool-max="32"
pool-min="16" pool-grow="4"/>

Put the simple xsl into the xsl subdir.

Add the following to the pipelines:

		      <map:match pattern="test">
  		       <map:generate type="test"/>
 		       <map:transform src="xsl/test.xsl"/>
 	             <map:serialize type="html"/>
		      </map:match>

Call the pipeline.

The result should appear when the last System.out ("Finished") is reached.

If you comment out the line

<map:transform src="xsl/test.xsl"/>

a part of the result should appear while processing (depends on the buffer).

You can change the number of generated elements if you reach "Finished"
before the output can be seen.

I used the patch from Joerg Henne to set the buffer to 1. For me the result
appears after about 20 elements if I comment out the xslt transformation.
When the xslt transformation take place, I have to wait until "Finished".