cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject AW: SyncML
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 07:25:49 GMT
Hi Per,

I have just ordered a T65 :-). One of the reasons for asking - of course.
But also I see that a generic SyncML server based on Cocoon would be
something that would interest quite a few people.

Just look at the members listed under http://www.syncml.org/membership.html
and you will see what I mean. People like Ericsson, Nokia and Motorola must
surely be on the look-out for SyncML solutions to help them promote their
end-devices. And the best way to go would be to have a platform like Cocoon
with the necessary extensions to send and receive SyncML. With the available
transformers, generators etc. Cocoon already provides 80% of the solution.

This would also leverage Cocoon further into becoming a middleware plaftorm
for these type of applications.

I would suggest those interested review the SyncML documentation and then we
start a thread on this perhaps next week - what do you guys think?

Matthew

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de