cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: Missing Implementation in MRUStore
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:58:22 GMT
>is there any reason why the keys() method of the MRUStore is
>not implemented?
Laziness, forgetfulness :). Will be corrected.
>The returned enumeration should contain all keys of the cache
>and the underlying fs store, right?
Can be very slow when there are many objects on the fs....
>In addition is the implementation if the containsKey() method
>correct? It checks only against the memory cache but not
>against the filesystem.
The problem is, that to much fs I/O can react negative on the performance.
Because of that containsKey() only checks the memory...But you're
right this is in-consistent.

The current algorithm checks the fs in the get(..) method.

Cheers
Gerhard