cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [C2]: Release Candidate 2
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:43:28 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Carlos wrote:
>
> > One other thing that a lot of people are having problems with (myself
> > included) is the X-server requirement to use Batik in Fop. I
> think it would
> > be beneficial for end users if you could either comment the
> items that need
> > to be taken out to disable SVG or provide an alternative
> configuration file
>
> Good point.
>
> +1 for disabling Batik and document how to turn it on.

Disabling Batik is (or at least should be) very simple by not
including the batik jar in the lib directory when building
Cocoon. (I fear, currently this will not work, as the documentation
now needs Batik).
This feature of optional compilation is used for some other
components, too (fop, mail components etc).

As we include batik in our cvs, the jar is in the lib directory
and therefore a build will include batik as well.
So the simple solution is to document this.

However, I added this to the todo-list so we can see how the
final release will handle this.

Carsten