cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: SourceHandlerImpl not Poolable or ThreadSafe
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 08:56:24 GMT
The SourceHandlerImpl cannot be ThreadSafe!
Each sitemap has it's own SourceHandler because it adds
its own SourceFactory for the cocoon: protocol.
The root sitemap has another SourceFactory for the cocoon:
protocol than a subsitemap as the cocoon: protocol
is resolves relative to the current sitemap.

So, if the SourceHandlerImpl is ThreadSafe there is
only one SourceFactory for the cocoon: protocol and
the relative resolving does not work.

In fact this is not a nice solution, but up to now
the only working one.

You can of course make it Poolable.

Carsten