cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Identifying Components for Avalon
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 11:49:36 GMT
Hi,

let's start moving some Components to Avalon. We should first
identify which components we want to move, then add them
to Avalon and then discuss together with the Avalon team if
they need a redesign. When that is finished we have to
think of how we can reintegrate those components back into
Cocoon then.

So let's start with a list of interfaces:

- XMLConsumer
- XMLizable
- XMLFragment
- Parser
- XMLSerializer/XMLDeserializer
- XSLTProcessor

And everything dealing with Source objects. This is the part
which needs redesign to fit into Avalon!
- SourceResolver
- SourceHandler
- SourceFactory
- Source
- ModifiableSource

Implementations
- AbstractXMLConsumer
- JaxpParser, XercesParser
- XMLByteStreamCompiler/XMLByteStreamInterpreter
- Everything dealing with Source objects
- XSLTProcessorImpl

Are there more? Or shouldn't we move one of those?

Carsten