cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Showstoppers for 2.0 final was RE: [tale+rant] The 2.0 syndrome and [Vote]: Final Release Date
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:59:41 GMT
To really get the final release out asap, we should identify all
showstoppers.
Currently entered in bugzilla are two blockers (I fixed the third one (5051)
recently).

Here is the list from bugzilla:
------------------------------
ID Sev Pri Plt Owner State Result Summary
5060  Blo Oth PC cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org NEW  Poorly formed filesystem URL
with file:// issues
5063  Blo Oth Oth cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org NEW  Distribution .war broken in
Tomcat 4

I think, at least, #5060 is a real blocker, #5063 should be easily fixed by
changing the build scripts or adding some comments etc.

If we can't fix 5060 very quickly, what about disabling the resolver for
the final release? This would make 2.0 "block bug free". We could work
on that "new" feature and make a 2.0.1 (or whatever) with a working
resolver.

So, what do you all think about these blockers? Let's fix them and get this
great release out!

Carsten