cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: aggregation and redirects
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:29:40 GMT
> > > Perhaps we need to distinguish the type of redirection we are expecting
> > > by having two methods on the Redirector object:
> > >
> > > redirect()
> > > globalRedirect()
> >
> > But then I need to add globalRedirect() to the Environment interface, too.
> > Any objections?
>
> As we have discussed last friday, the main goal of an open source project
> is stable contracts. So currently I'm -1 on changing core interfaces.
> And remember, we are currently releasing 2.0...

Hm... I have also a bit mixed feelings about changing the Environment interface.
Although I think adding globalRedirect(session,uri) or redirect(session,uri,global)
only to the Redirector interface should not be a big problem.

(What about sandwich in a new interface so the current interface could
 remain unchanged?)

Is your -1 also for the Redirector interface?
--
Torsten