cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: Cocoon-view, Cocoon-sitemap documentation
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:49:15 GMT
> > I was trying to use to "?cocoon-view=view" query-parameter
> > on serveral URL.
> >
> > Sadly for the http://localhost:8080/cocoon/documents/* URLs
> > Cocoon always responded with an HTML content.
> >
> > As I was digging around in
> > \org\apache\cocoon\components\language\markup\sitemap\java\sitemap.xsl,
> > I found the map:label element for setting a view label,
> > in a pipeline at any point.
> >
> > Thus I changed the documentation pipelines to:
> >    <map:match pattern="*.html">
> >     <map:aggregate element="site">
> >      <map:part src="cocoon:/book-{1}.xml"/>
> >      <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{1}.xml"/>
> >     </map:aggregate>
> >
> >     <map:label name="content"/>
>
> Maybe the sitemap schema changed, but as I designed it, the label was an
> attribute, not an element.
>
> So you'd do
>
>  <map:generator src="..."/>
>  <map:transformer src="..." label="myview"/>
>
> instead. (but don't guarantee you that it works since not many people
> know even the existance of views so not much bugfixing on that side,
> yet!)

I found this little treasure a while ago. The docs state the attribute label
in the map:components section but map:label for somewhere inside the pipeline.
Unfortunately I found that this is not working for aggregated content and/or subsitemaps.
I think this is a very handy feature for development. It would be great
to make this work also with aggregated content and sub sitemaps.
--
Torsten