cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Butler, Mark" <Mark_But...@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject DELI: Open source library supporting CC/PP and UAProf
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 14:47:31 GMT
I'm posting this to Cocoon-Dev because I know there has been some interest
in the past on adding browser capabilities to Cocoon using CC/PP. I've
created a library that supports CC/PP and UAProf and I am interested in
integrating it with Cocoon. If anyone else has similar interests, please can
they take a look? Any suggestions / comments / criticisms / feedback would
be very helpful.

Announcement: DELI - Open Source Delivery Context Java Library supporting
CC/PP and UAProf

Different web-enabled devices have different input, output, hardware,
software, network and browser capabilities. In order for a web server or
web-based application to provide optimized content to different
clients it requires a description of the capabilities of the client known as
the delivery context. Recently two new compatible standards have been
created for describing delivery context: Composite Capabilities /
Preferences Profile (CC/PP) created by the W3C and User Agent Profile
(UAProf) created by the WAP Forum.

DELI is an open-source library developed at HP Labs that allows Java
servlets to resolve HTTP requests containing delivery context information
from CC/PP or UAProf capable devices and query the resolved profile. It also
provides support for legacy devices so that the proprietary delivery context
descriptions currently used by applications can be replaced by standardised
CC/PP descriptions.

To download the current alpha version of DELI and the DELI user guide, see
my web page:

http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/marbut/

Feedback, comments, criticisms, contributions etc are all very welcome!

Please watch my web page for further updates.

best regards

Mark H. Butler
Research Scientist
HP Labs Bristol