cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0 Scalability Disappointment
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 00:09:25 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>Net Result: I think Cocoon 2.0, as it stands, doesn't scale, but the
>>data provided it's not sufficient to understand *what* slows Cocoon
>>down.
>>
>>Michael, I'd love if you guys could perform some more load tests for us:
>>
>0) before disabling logging, search for messages such as
>"decommissioning instance of...". This reveals some undersized pools
>which are corrected by tuning cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap. Undersized
>pools act like an object factory, plus the ComponentManager overhead.

Just a thought, as not tuning the pools is probably going to be a common
and easy mistake for people who are starting to evaluate Cocoon and get
bad performance results, what about an adaptable pool which starts
tuning its configuration after a while depending on usage ? Is this
achievable at all ?

Best regards,

Michael Hartle