cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [showstopper!] broken URL contract!
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:56:16 GMT
Guys, sorry to delay the party, but I found a showstopper and I think a
pretty big one.

My original question for final release is:

 - are the contracts solid?

We concentrated on software, but didn't look into the web site:
currently, the Apache Cocoon project has two homes:

 - http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/
 - http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2/

*this* is a faulty contract! And a pretty big one since we might end up
having to control the endpoint of our namespaces (which are all
something like http://apache.org/cocoon/*)

So, a pretty important showstopper is to get rid of two web sites and
have

 http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/

be the project homepage now and forever (well, at least for a long
time).

I'm turning my vote to -1 until this is resolved.

Sorry again, but this is a biggy: we can't evangelize future-proof URI
solidity if we don't do it with our own homepage (it's as bad as the W3C
having such a shitty URI space! and I couldn't stand that here!)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.