cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: WritableSource
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:10:09 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> At 2:10 pm +0100 28/11/01, Michael Hartle wrote:
>>Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>>The main issue here though is "WritableSource". Is this the way to go?
>>I think already the name WritableSource shows the need for further
>>thinking towards more basic, integrated approaches to handle both
>>'Sources' and 'Destinations' in a protocol/transport-independent manner
>>appropriately in Cocoon. As Cocoon is about presenting and transforming
>>content rather than storing, currently there is no counterpart to the
>>basic Source interface; lets design a peer counterpart to Source and
>>make it equally integrated into Cocoon as Source is now.
> I am +1 on that!
> I am not much of an Architect though .....

check out the Monitor package of Excalibur.  It has the equivalent of a
Source (Resource) that can both read and write.  Plus, it has the advantage
of notifying listeners when the write was performed--allowing the cache
to clean itself up.

"Those who would trade liberty for
  temporary security deserve neither"
                 - Benjamin Franklin