cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Koechlin <skoech...@ivision.fr>
Subject Displaying status (was Re: Cocoon 2 RC2 performance disappointment)
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:31:42 GMT
It's time to improve the status page !

Peter Royal wrote:
> * Run in debug mode and look for "decomissioning instance of" messages. That
> means that an object pool's maximum size is not large enough and it has
> turned into a factory. Creating & destroying objects for each request *kills*
> performance.

It would be cool if status page can display for each pool the current
size, the
max size and the max number of instance created over the pool-size.

I can try to code this but I don't know where I should do that. Pools
are part
of Avalon ?

> * Watch the cachability in logs, and make sure things are being fed from the
> cache.

Same problem, where are classes about caching ? I want to display what
is in
the cache and the number of hit for each one.

> On a side note, we deployed our Cocoon-based application at our first
> customer last week and it all went very smoothly! Kudo's to the dev team for
> making such a solid product :)

Great ! Which Servlet engine are you using ? What is the load ?

--
S├ębastien Koechlin - IVision - skoechlin@ivision.fr