cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@rabellino.it>
Subject Re: Showstoppers for 2.0 final was RE: [tale+rant] The 2.0 syndrome and [Vote]: Final Release Date
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:02:58 GMT
>>Also, what about having a list of changes that are in 2.1 only and
>>need/should be ported to the final release, run a vote against them (as
>>it was done before beta) and decide about them?
>>

> As far as I can see, there should nothing more need a backport. We did so
> already with most of the required features. I know, you will say now: And
> what about the configurable SourceHandlers?
> Well, I'm +0 on this.

Gotcha :) Even if I'm basically +0 too: I have no intention to ask for a
backport of the XML:DB stuff in 2.0, so my code (and my ego ;P) is not a
concern. Actually I'm not even committing it because I want to keep
focus on the final release and after that start discussing about new stuff.

However this can be seen as a small API change, so I'm wondering if it
could be the case to have it in place already in the release: I think
that the Source abstraction is a great feature, but without a
configuration it might be hard to implement any other protocol (my
future plans are to include LDAP and IMAP as Sources), so probably it
would be nice for end users to have such a possibility.

But I also have to understand what's going to happen with the
integration in Avalon of the Source stuff: if things are going to change
anyway (if the framework is moved under the Avalon umbrella and possibly
changed) then there might be no question for this anymore.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo