cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: sharing microsoft experience
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2001 11:44:31 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2001 22:03, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > Enjoy the first fancy DHTML I ever wrote :)
> I did - thanks for sharing this!
> I also tried to create a minimal version of it.
> If I understand right, given IE 5.5. and a document containing:
>   Type your text here.
> After selecting "your text" and typing CTRL-B to set it to bold, one can
> easily obtain
> from javascript?

Yes, but it's not guaranteed that the result will come up well-formed,
you have to serialize the DOM yourself (thanks to Alberto for pointing
this out to me) or perform Tidy on the server side.

> If yes, this is definitely killer, even if not very portable at the time....

Should we try to bombmail mozilla's bugzilla with this feature request?

(they already clone M$ XMLHTTP, why shouldn't they clone this

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message