cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: [Fwd: freshmeat project listing for Cocoon]
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:53:54 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ok,
> I just received this (probably automatic) email message from "Jeff Covey
> <>" about talking care of the Cocoon entry in
> FreshMeat.
> Now, let me say I don't use Freshmeat even if I'm a big fan of it and it
> is a shame, IMO, that Cocoon is ranked as shit while Avalon is ranked
> 5th (yes, people, 5!!) in the whole freshmeat tree.

The secret of the ranking:

A project is not able to be ranked officially with less than 5 votes.
Everyone: log in and rank it (I already did).  Be careful, there are
Cocoon and Cocoon2 projects!

The secret of the Popularity:

A project becomes more popular as people subscribe to the project announcements.
Also, as people visit the entry.  The Cocoon2 project is owned by Davanum.

"Those who would trade liberty for
  temporary security deserve neither"
                 - Benjamin Franklin

To unsubscribe, e-mail: