cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: freshmeat project listing for Cocoon]
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:53:54 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I just received this (probably automatic) email message from "Jeff Covey
> <jeff.covey@freshmeat.org>" about talking care of the Cocoon entry in
> FreshMeat.
>
> Now, let me say I don't use Freshmeat even if I'm a big fan of it and it
> is a shame, IMO, that Cocoon is ranked as shit while Avalon is ranked
> 5th (yes, people, 5!!) in the whole freshmeat tree.

The secret of the ranking:

A project is not able to be ranked officially with less than 5 votes.
Everyone: log in and rank it (I already did).  Be careful, there are
Cocoon and Cocoon2 projects!

The secret of the Popularity:

A project becomes more popular as people subscribe to the project announcements.
Also, as people visit the entry.  The Cocoon2 project is owned by Davanum.

--

"Those who would trade liberty for
  temporary security deserve neither"