cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bernhard Huber" <>
Subject Re: let us get serious about 2.0 Final Release
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:28:39 GMT
some documentation about cinclude, and xinclude as it is frequentyl 
and i copied from javadoc docu about velocity generator.
docs are zipped up and attached
bye bernhard

David Crossley wrote:

>Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>Quoting David Crossley <>:
>>>There are SIX DAYS TO GO until the agreed date for the
>>>final release. We also agreed that the date should not slip.
>>>In my opinion, 2.0 is not yet fit for release. So there is only
>>>one option ... hold the RT threads and get on with the job.
>>What is it you think needs to be fixed before releaseing it?
>** Documentation, documentation, documentation
>- stop apologising for Cocoon 1
>- positive announcement.xml and index.xml 
>- both of those docs need a concise overiew at top
>(something less than half-a-page that convinces boss)
>- much of the documentation is old and still talks about
>Cocoon 1 configuration methods and issues
>- much documentation still has "Under construction" notices
>- people will turn away in droves
>** cocoon.xconf needs all parameters and components
>listed and briefly explained as internal documentation
>** The excellent document "How to Develop Web Applications"
>and the accompanying webapp.tutorial are missing from
>the cocoon_20_branch
>** Better stylesheet for
>- the slow response of the website will not allow 2.0 to
>make its impact.
>Also the following issues are summarised at
>documentation/xdocs/plan/release.xml ...
>** We have many open bugs in bugzilla
>** Layout the distribution
>** Ensure that licensing requirements have been met
>** Decide what to backport from the 2.1 head
>>>>Subject: [C2.0] Should we set a date for 2.0 Final Release?
>>>>Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:55:15 +0200
>>>>From: Martin Man <>
>>>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>>>>Ok, yes, I didnt check the calendar. Thanks for the hint!
>>>>>As I still prefer mondays, we should set the dates to
>>>>>5th November: RC2
>>>>>26th November: Final Release
>>>>yep, my +1 also for both dates, BTW: without looking to the
>>>>repository, do we have actualized TODO list... I mean critical
>>>>isuues (not including documentation) to fix ???
>>>>Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:37:57 +0200
>>>>From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
>>>>To: <>, <>
>>>>you're absolutely right. It's the same problem here.
>>>>Due to the many changes I would propose a RC2.
>>>>But we still need more documentation! So a good
>>>>date could be 1st of November for the RC2 and
>>>>end of november for the final release.
>>>>But whatever date we decide on for the final
>>>>release, we *should* stick to it.
>>>>Open Source Group                        sunShine - b:Integrated
>>>>Carsten Ziegeler, S&N AG, Klingenderstrasse 5, D-33100 Paderborn
>>>>                          mailto: 
>>>>Dims wrote:
>>>>>Should we set a date for 2.0 Final Release? (or the next Release 
>>>>>Candidate)? Am a bit tired of
>>>>>hearing from people (in my organization) that we cannot switch 
>>>>>from C1.X to C2.0 since it is in
>>>>>Beta/RC Cycle....
>>>>>Davanum Srinivas -
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>>For additional commands, email:
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, email:

View raw message