cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernhard Huber" <>
Subject Re: Wrap an HttpServletRequest
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:24:24 GMT
You can use the JSPEngineImplNamedDispatcherInclude generator.

You have to setup your cocoon.xconf:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cocoon version="2.0" user-roles="WEB-INF/my.roles">

Next you have to create WEB-INF/my.roles:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.jsp.JSPEngine"

Last you have to configure a generator like your sitemap.xmap:
  <map:generator  name="myservlet"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.JspGenerator"  label="content">
    <!-- serlvet-name is resolved using context.getNamedDispatcher -->

I hope this works, the other way is to write a new generator merging
JSPEngine, and JSPEngineImplNamedDispatcherInclude...

Diego del Río wrote:

> Is there any way to wrap an HttpServletRequest in Tomcat 3.2.x and
> then forward the wrapped request to anoher servlet?
> We need a 'decorated request' with added functionality, more
> precisely, we need to add 'extra-parameters' to that request and then
> forward it to another servlet that process both the original and the
> added parameters.
> Thanks,
> diego

View raw message