cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 + LATEX?
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2001 15:00:47 GMT
"Skladov, Victor" wrote:

> Hello, friends!
>
> Does anybody know whether Cocoon can work with such programms as LATEX?
> PROBLEM:
> I create a TEX(LATEX) document from a XSP and a XSL and want to forward
> this output stream (TEX) further to a "pdflatex" programm, that in its
> turn makes from TEX doc a PDF file.
> Is this generally possible to call from Cocoon other programms?

If the generated content is not xml-ized, I strongly suggest *NOT* to
use Cocoon for it.

Anyway, either you create your xml-ized version of latex (???) or come
up with FO or with your own markup and then transform it to FO via XSLT
or a custom transformer.

But, as a suggestion, don't even try to pass around TEX files in the
cocoon SAX based pipelines... yes, it's possible, but it's the worst
hack I have never heard of..

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.