cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interpreted sitemap
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:35:05 GMT
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> The two models are more like a "pull" model in the Avalon case, as
> opposed to a "push" model in the Ant case.
>
> Personally I prefer the push model (the Ant way), as it's much easier
> to write and maintain over a longer period of time. The code that
> deals with the loading and instantiation of the right classes is
> centralized, thus you have to write it once and for all only in the
> engine.

For ant it makes perfect sense to have such a way of configuring things
(i.e. fully inerted, a-la javabeans). But for more general frameworks, I
disagree since, just like for beans, this forces you to have flat
configuration files or very complex data2method mapping schemes.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.