cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [vote] Changing HEAD directory hierarchy
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:03:05 GMT
Hi team,

I opened a new "scratchpad" directory at the root of the HEAD branch to
place the snapshot of my work on the tree-sitemap, as asked by Ovidiu.

However, this top-level directory isn't satisfactory and it would be
better to change the directory hierarchy following Avalon's structure as
recently suggested by Berin :

> ${cocoon}/
>          bin/
>          lib/
>          src/
>             documentation/
>             java/
>             scratchpad/
>             test/
>             resources/
>             webapp/
>             webapp.tutorial/
>          tools/
>                bin/
>                lib/
>
> In the root bin/ would be the scripts to run Cocoon from the command-line.
> In the root lib/ would be the libraries required for Cocoon to use (i.e. runtime)
> In the tools bin/ would be the ANT scripts
> In the tools lib/ would be the libraries only required for building Cocoon (i.e. ant,
junit)

> The src/ directory is separated into different source types--like the code,
> the scratchpad area, the test classes, etc.  I would be open to treating the
> webapps as a secondary src/ tree like this:
>
> ${cocoon}/
>          webapps/
>                 demo/
>                 tutorial/
>                 sitemap-util/
>
> In the end it just looks less cluttered, and it makes it easy to know where to
> look for different pieces.

Using this hierarchy means that existing files will be moved, and thus
their history in CVS will be harder to consult.

So, what do you think ?
+1 from me.

Sylvain.

--