cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Flowmaps revisited
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 14:20:20 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> [snip]
> > > Why not having a sourceforge project first...
> >
> > I'm not sure about that statement. We could have a vote on this to get
> > the feelings of the other commiters if a Cocoon IDE is something that
> > should be started here or elswhere.
>
> Well, I would prefer the same repository ;)
> ...maybe we could introduce a scratchpad like there is in Avalon?
> --
> Torsten

If you go that route, I suggest making the folder heirarchy more like Avalon.
That would be:

${cocoon}/
         bin/
         lib/
         src/
            documentation/
            java/
            scratchpad/
            test/
            resources/
            webapp/
            webapp.tutorial/
         tools/
               bin/
               lib/

In the root bin/ would be the scripts to run Cocoon from the command-line.
In the root lib/ would be the libraries required for Cocoon to use (i.e. runtime)
In the tools bin/ would be the ANT scripts
In the tools lib/ would be the libraries only required for building Cocoon (i.e. ant, junit)

The src/ directory is separated into different source types--like the code,
the scratchpad area, the test classes, etc.  I would be open to treating the
webapps as a secondary src/ tree like this:

${cocoon}/
         webapps/
                demo/
                tutorial/
                sitemap-util/

In the end it just looks less cluttered, and it makes it easy to know where to
look for different pieces.

--

"Those who would trade liberty for
 temporary security deserve neither"