cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Interpreted sitemap
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 09:21:59 GMT

Ovidiu Predescu a écrit :

> Sylvain,
>
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:42:20 +0100, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>
wrote:

> > Also, if you find the sitemap "too proprietary", you can write your own
> > pipeline assembly language : the sitemap has recently been decorrelated
> > from the Cocoon class so that you can use your own implementation of
> > Processor : I'm currently writing a new interpreted implementation of
> > the sitemap that could be the foundation of future other pipeline
> > assembly languages.
>
> This sounds very interesting, can you give us some hints on your
> approach? I've been thinking to start working on such a beast for a
> while, but was busy with other stuff at work.
>
> One of the my requirements for this re-implementation is to allow
> things other than SAX events to flow on the pipeline. I'm specifically
> thinking of Java objects that could represent the incoming HTTP
> request as an object, for unorthodox types of processing. Of course
> the interfaces of the components in the pipeline have to be compatible
> for such an approach to work.

Could you explain in more detail these unorthodox types ? Can't this be
solved by a custom Environment implementation and/or a Generator ?

> My thoughts were to take the Ant XML->Java conversion engine, extend
> it to use the SAX2 API, and create Avalon components that represent
> the pipeline. The Ant engine is indeed a very simple, yet powerful and
> extensible way to create a hierarchy of Java objects from an XML
> document.

Didn't know about this Java/XML stuff in Ant. I will look at it.

> Could you describe a bit your approach?

Well, I wanted the structure of this to be stabilized, at least from my
point of view, before committing it into CVS. This should be in a few
days, or the beginning of next week. If you can't wait, I can open a
scratchpad area and put it in, but with no warranty of what comes in ;)

Sylvain.

--
Sylvain Wallez