cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Integrating Cocoon with WebDAV
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 00:23:52 GMT
"Marcelo F. Ochoa" wrote:

> Per Kreipke wrote:
>

> >I agree with Gianugo that the CMS should hide the store:
> >
> >user agent <- publishing <- CMS <- edit agent
> >                            store
> >
> >But I would definitely expect to allow this for performance or simplicity:
> >
> >user agent <- publishing <- CMS <- edit agent
> >                  ^           |
> >                  |-------  store
> >
> >Cocoon shouldn't require a CMS but should use one if it has it [you say so
> >yourself later].
> >
>  DB Prism CMS uses a different approach to speed up the response time,
> and do not requires Cocoon modifications:
>  Here the flow:
>     user agent <-- Oracle Web Cache  <-- publishing   <-- DB Prism CMS
>  <-- upload utility   <-- Edit Agent
>                                  ^
>             |                  (document-v10 compliant)
>
>  |---------------------------------------store             OO upload
> through XSL transformations
>
>  This flows guarantee around 10 second for the first time access to a
> CMS page, and 4ms aprox. for the other access.
>   When a user update a document into the CMS repository a trigger
> instaled into PAGES table send an XML post message to Oracle Web Cache
> to signal that this pages was modified and is no longer valid, in the
> next request Oracle Web Cache load a new version from the CMS repository.
>   Obviously this CMS includes search engine, versioning, images stored
> into the repository as SVG format inside the Apache document-v10
> compliant documents, and so on.
>  Best regards, Marcelo.

well, I don't see how we could do that over a native XML DB if my XQL
query spans document borders. If I store documents and I retrieve
documents the above is the right method to follow, but given the power
doing infra-document searching, the caching metodology will have to be
*much* more sofisticated than this.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.