cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Integrating Cocoon with WebDAV
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:40:37 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> > Note: XUL is proprietary,

I should have said: "not recommended by a standard body or a recognized
standardization entity". Proprietary and open source don't match very
well as words.

> > but can you say that something is proprietary
> > if it's done by an open source project? IE HTML is, in fact, more
> > proprietary than XUL from that point of view, even if it's a well known
> > standard.
>
> XUL isn't so proprietary : other implementations and tools are coming.
> Do you know JXUL (www.jxul.org), a XUL engine written in Java/Swing, and
> Cocktail (www.applese.com) that contains a XUL GUI builder ?

Didn't know that, but I spent the afternoon updating my knowledge on
mozilla internals and all that. Thanks for the hint, anyway.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.