cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DELI: Open source library supporting CC/PP and UAProf
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 22:36:16 GMT
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is very good stuff, Mark! I've looked at it briefly and I like it.

Now, don't you love it when big companies people find a way to cooperate
on an open source list? :)

Mark, thanks for this. I've been looking at CC/PP with good interest
since the effort was started and, yes, it would make perfect sense to
integrate it with Cocoon.

> It would be useful to understand how DELI can be used by Cocoon.

Same here. Maybe a sitemap selector that connects to DELI would the
right choice, but I'm wide open to suggestions.

> One
> way would be to expose it to XSLT, so that people can take advantage
> of device capabilities when generating pages.

Yeah, that could be a good choice, or another one (without touching XSLT
extensions which are not portable) would be to have a DELITransformer
that augments browser information into a particular namespace and adds
it to the end of the XML file being processed.

> The next step from here
> would be to come up with a set of stylesheets for XHTML to
> automatically generate the right markup for the requesting device.

That's where selectors kick in.

> Are there any other ways or places where we can take advantage of it?

Hmmm, I can't think of any... but I'm sure that as soon as we integrate
it, people will start using it for ways we didn't think about. but
again, open to suggestions.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.