cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Vote]: Release Candidate 2
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:34:21 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >
> > Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi Team,
> > >
> > > we have the following outstanding task:
> > >
> > > Removing the CodeFactories completly from 2.0 and backport
> > > the new handling from the 2.1 head.
> > >
> > > I think we have some +1 for this, so should we really
> > > remove them now? I am asking this only for clarification
> > > as this would mean an incompatibility with the rc1.
> > >
> > > Carsten
> > >

> > Hi Carsten,
> >
> > Compatibility problems are of two kinds, depending on what kind of code
> > factories are used by existing sitemaps.
> >
> > - Cocoon's builtin code factories :
> > Compatibility can be ensured by rewriting them as classes that simply
> > extend their non-factory implementation (and of course mark them
> > deprecated). Since class names are kept as is, no change is required in
> > sitemaps.
> >
> > - user-defined code factories :
> > There is no solution here, but I guess this concerns only a few advanced
> > users (code factories aren't easy to write) for which converting to
> > normal classes shoudn't be that hard.
> >
> > So I would say +1 for removing CodeFactories now since support for them
> > will be dropped in the future and only advanced users will be impacted.
> > This is the price for living "on the bleeding edge" :)
> >
> +1.
>
> Could you please take care of this, Sylvain?
> I could then test everything tomorrow and build the rc then.
>
> Carsten

Done !

Two factories have no regular-class equivalent : BrowserMatcherFactory,
which did nothing (was it a prototype for something that was never
finished ?) and CodedSelector, which allowed to use raw Java code for
selecting.

Also, I left all factory-related stuff in sitemap.xsl, but disabled it's
use in XSLTFactoryLoader : isFactory() always returns false.

Sylvain.

--
Sylvain Wallez