cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Dynamic configuration of the sitemap
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:03:03 GMT
Hi Gino,

	If you change the sitemap while your servlet engine is running,
	the sitemap will be recompiled and reloaded automatically. This is
	done either asynchronously or sychronously depending on the setting in
	cocoon.xconf (see the last few lines). There should be no need to
	restart your environment.

	There's been lots of talk recently about moving to an interpreted
	sitemap in the future, which would things like reloading the
	sitemap easier (ie. no need to transform and compile it, etc).

	Hope that helps.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 05:03:07PM +0100, Gino Marckx wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is it possible to dynamically alter the cocoon sitemap?  I am trying to
> investigate the possibilities for UI tools to configure and use cocoon, to
> actually make cocoon a little bit more accessible for non-guru's.  Not having to
> restart the servlet engine to apply configuration changes would already be a
> nice start.
>
> Gino.
>
> GINO MARCKX
> Analyst Programmeur, Certified Java Programmer
> Passage, a division of Alert bvba
> Gouden Leeuwplein 1
> 9000 Gent
> T 09/236.25.78
> F 09/226.11.73
> www.passage-ict.com

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   Managesoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@managesoft.com
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: