cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: sharing microsoft experience
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:25:02 GMT
On Friday 30 November 2001 11:51, Michael Hartle wrote:
>. . .
> About more than half a year ago, I tried writing an extension for the
> EditorKit concept in Swing;

We are using an EditorKit based editor for a dedicated content-management
product (www.verbalix.ch) - it works fine but is used for fairly short
document fragments only, which works around the line-breaking performance
problem.

> There is another point in favor of Mozilla; as the UI is
> Javascript-based, slight modifications and additions for users are
> easily done compared to a static compiled C/C++, UNO-based (roughly
> COM-alike) system like OpenOffice.

I agree - having a nice browser as the foundation for a content editor is
certainly good.

- Bertrand