cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: sharing microsoft experience
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:22:24 GMT
On Friday 30 November 2001 13:13, Adrian Geissel wrote:
> Q: Is this discussion about writing just another HTML editor, or about
> building an abstracted content editor where structure, layout and style can
> be assembled from the contributions of multiple authors. . .

I think what we're after is a "content editor" that allows XML (or XHTML) to
be edited in a granular way: the user might be allowed to edit some
(rich-text) parts but not some others.

Combined with a strong HTML forms-processing back-end, this could cover much
of the requirements for a content management system, where you're working
with a defined set of document types - as opposed to a full-blown
schema-driven XML editor.

- Bertrand