cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: semiOT-RT Opensource-Commercial semantic WYSIWYG XML Editor Was:sharing microsoft experience
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 06:56:13 GMT
On Thursday 29 November 2001 15:24, nicolaken@supereva.it wrote:
> . . .
> the project I started working on when I left the list is a semantic
> XML editor written in Java. . .
Certainly something that is in demand today, provided the editor "feels good"
to the user.

> ...my idea is making the code open and the use by business paid...
Forcing businesses to pay for use seems hard to me if the code is freely
accessible. You might get a lot of freeriders, and/or it might be expensive
to find out who is really using the product to ask them to pay.

Also, if a business has to pay they will probably require some form of
support, and a support infrastructure can be expensive to maintain.

Maybe the "Street performer protocol" described in
http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue4_6/kelsey would be interesting in your
case? The hard part is getting enough momentum for your product to be
noticed, but you have to do this in any case.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++