cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [Vote]: Final Release Date
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:00:41 GMT
On 23.Nov.2001 -- 11:38 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> we planned to make the final release of c2 on next monday.
> As there are some outstanding issues - move of directories,
> more documentation (ok, this will always be true) etc. -
> I propose to slightly move the date by one week to the
> 3th of december. Is this ok?

I totally agree with Stefano in that these cosmetic changes can very
well go into 2.(0.)?1.

Carsten, you are doing a wonderful job, but no further postponing,
please.

-1

> Nevertheless which date we decide on, I'm +1000 on releasing
> Cocoon this year.

+1000 :-)

> I would like to have a final version of Xalan in our
> final release, but it seems that this will not work for
> that date. But we shouldn't delay our release only
> because of that, the current developer release (D13)
> of Xalan seems pretty stable.
> We should rather than make a 2.0.1 when Xalan is
> final.

Or we should encourage users to upgrade libraries separately as long
as the api is consistent. Perhaps we should have a "core" (i.e. no
libs) and a "all-in-one" release?

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l