cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Burton <ross.bur...@mail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 + LATEX?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:06:25 GMT
On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 13:36, Skladov, Victor wrote:
> Hello, friends!
>
> Does anybody know whether Cocoon can work with such programms as LATEX?
> PROBLEM:
> I create a TEX(LATEX) document from a XSP and a XSL and want to forward
> this output stream (TEX) further to a "pdflatex" programm, that in its
> turn makes from TEX doc a PDF file.
> Is this generally possible to call from Cocoon other programms?

There is (was) a tool on IBM Alphaworks which allowed you to produce XML
documents which resemble TeX, and it then transformed this into proper
TeX.  I think it was called TeXML.  That can be easily wrapped in a
custom serializer to handle exactly what you want.  However, calling
pdflatex from Cocoon would be interesting...

Ross
--
Ross Burton                               mail: ross.burton@mail.com
                                       jabber: rossburton@jabber.org