cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Koehler <>
Subject Re: why many messages: Could not find component
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:11:40 GMT
> When I implemented this test, the ComponentManager didn't support checking
> if a component is available or not. But in a later version the
> "hasComponent()" method
> was added to the ComponentManager, but unfortunately we forgot about
> changing our code. I fixed this ten minutes ago.
> Carsten

Thanks for the fix. But unfortunately it doesn't solve the stacktrace-in-the-log-
problem.  Even the hasComponent() check produces unwanted log messages:

DEBUG (2001-11-28) 13:59.11:161 [cocoon  ] (/edit-repository/home/archiv/Development/) Could
not find component for role: org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.SAXConnectorjava.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
        at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(
        at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.hasComponent(
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractEventPipeline.compose(

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message