cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Showstoppers for 2.0 final was RE: [tale+rant] The 2.0 syndrome and [Vote]: Final Release Date
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:53:37 GMT
Giacomo wrote:
> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> > giacomo wrote:
> > > On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> > >>Quoting Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@rabellino.it>:
> > >>>Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>>>>I just did a fresh checkout. This is Linux Mandrake with
Blackdown
> > >>>>>>1.3.1. I'm getting plenty of entity resolution problems
and I'm
> > >>>>>>investigating them. More on this later.
> > >>>>>>
> > >>>>>>
> > >>>>>Cool, thanks.
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>BTW: You don't get any exceptions during the docs build?
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>Ah-ehm... I was in a hurry and didn't realize that I was building
the
> > >>>>HEAD branch version :) I just installed a fresh Linux and I'm getting
> > >>>>the correct repo right now. I'll send the result in a short while
but
> > >>>>anyway yes, what I got on the HEAD branch were entity related
> > >>>>
> > >>>exceptions
> > >>>
> > >>>>(the last one was about ISOnum.pen not found).
> > >>>>
> > >>>>I'll send my results in a while.
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>
> > >>>OK, looks like I have good news.cocoon_20_branch is building fine on
my
> > >>>Linux box. I'm running Mandrake 8.1, kernel 2.4.8, Blackdown 1.3.1.
I
> > >>>get no exceptions at all, and everything seems to be built just fine.
> > >>>Now the problem is to understand why yours is not building. Here are
my
> > >>>relevant data:
> > >>>
> > >
> > > So, here is my results.
> > >
> > > 2.0 BRANCH:
> > >
> > > 1. fresh checkout
> > > 2. done a 'build docs' on this vergin checkout
> > > 3. lots of 'Failed to create InputSource:...'
> >
> >
> > Same here, but it looks like a simple warning.
> 
> Ok.
> 
> >
> >
> > > 4. but at the end it reports a 'INFO    10067   [        ] (): Done' :)
> > >
> > > So, there seems to be happened something to my old repository which I
> > > don't know ATM.
> > >
> > > HEAD BRANCH:
> > >
> > > 1. checkout a fresh HEAD branch
> > > 2. done a 'build docs'
> > > 3. lots of 'Failed to create InputSource:...'
> > > 4. but also a 'ERROR   10067   [        ] (): Could not read resource
> > > 
file:/home/giacomo/cvs/xml-cocoon-21/build/cocoon/documentation/xdocs/plan/index.xml'
> >
> >
> > I went through this: the plan/index.xml file has an incorrect DTD
> > definition (it should read ../dtd and not ../../dtd).

Yes, this is incorrect default systemId (i will fix it). However, this is
one purpose of the catalog entity resolver - to determine alternate
system identifiers of centralised DTD copies.

> > I was about to
> > patch it but I was struck with a lot of errors regarding ISOpen.num.

That is just an artefact of the previous problems. The entity resolver
(if it was working during build docs) would find ISOnum.pen

> > I realized that I was going to mess up woith David's work so I just gave
> > up with the idea of letting him investigate about the whole issue.
> 
> Any comments here, David?

I had already documented into Bugzilla everything that i knew
about the issue. All that i see happening with the discussion
so far, is that people are discovering anew and reporting stuff that
has already been documented.

Today i did a stack more work on this issue. I think that i have
found the reason for the problems. See the separate thread:
"found the cause of Bug #5060 build docs".
--David

> > Anyway I'd focus on the 20_branch as of now: I think we can solve the
> > HEAD problem later on...

The same issue is in both HEAD and cocoon_20_branch.

> Yes, let get this beast out RSN.
> 
> Giacomo

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message