cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Identifying Components for Avalon
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:16:20 GMT
Cartsen wrote:
> Hi,
> let's start moving some Components to Avalon. We should first
> identify which components we want to move, then add them
> to Avalon and then discuss together with the Avalon team if
> they need a redesign. When that is finished we have to
> think of how we can reintegrate those components back into
> Cocoon then.
>
> So let's start with a list of interfaces:
>
> - XMLConsumer
> - XMLizable
> - XMLFragment
> - Parser
> - XMLSerializer/XMLDeserializer
> - XSLTProcessor
>
> And everything dealing with Source objects. This is the part
> which needs redesign to fit into Avalon!
> - SourceResolver
> - SourceHandler
> - SourceFactory
> - Source
> - ModifiableSource
>
> Implementations
> - AbstractXMLConsumer
> - JaxpParser, XercesParser
> - XMLByteStreamCompiler/XMLByteStreamInterpreter
> - Everything dealing with Source objects
> - XSLTProcessorImpl
>
> Are there more? Or shouldn't we move one of those?

There were two others identified in the previous thread:
Donating Cocoon Components to Avalon - 30 Oct 2001

- XPath
- Resolver (Entity Resolver)

Regarding Entity Resolver, there are some aspects that
need to go into Avalon so that the capability is widely
avaliable. Other aspects need to be configurable at
the Cocoon level.

Berin, is D-Haven suitable for documenting and identifying
what needs to move between projects?

--David