cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Geissel" <ageis...@zenark.com>
Subject [QUESTION] A Java FTP client with APL?
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:49:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for a Java FTP client access class (with proper error handling)
that supports Passive/Active connections, file upload and download and other
utility functions (cd, rmdir, delete, etc.) that has a open source licence
which is deemed to be compatible with the Apache Public Licence.

Does anyone know of such a class / package?

I've already looked at a number, including Jakarta/JMeter, NetComponents
(www.oroinc.com) , JavaFTP (sourceforge.net/projects/javaftp) and FtpGUI
(sourceforge.net/projects/ftpgui), but they either are incomplete, or buggy
(when run against RedHat Linux 7.1 ftpd).

My ambition (and local requirement) is to extend Cocoon to support such an
ftl client class, but my current implementation is bound against a non-open
implementation.

Regards,
Adrian Geissel
ageissel at users dot sourceforge dot net