cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: The Problems with Sitemap Factories
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:33:25 GMT
On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> And since we're talking about matchers and selectors, a few thoughts
> (for 2.1 ?) :
> - I've always been confused that selectors don't have a method called on
> "map:select" to set up a context that could be reused between the
> different "map:when" alternatives. In many cases this would allow to
> reduce select() to a simple equality test and thus speed up processing.

	I agree with this Sylvain, it was something that confused me as
	well in the beginning.

	Having such a function called at map:select time would help a
	lot - currently we have to all our selector's processing in each
	map:test statement, everytime. I reckon it would be much better if it
	was done once, and then simply checked like map:test leads to mean.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   Managesoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@managesoft.com
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: