cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <>
Subject RE: [RTl] i18n transformer
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:07:08 GMT

Seems to me also that it duplicates XMLResourceBundleFactory...

> What I'd like to see is to decouple the i18n transformer from the
> XMLResourceBundle. I'd like to introduce an interface meaning
> "provides i18n lookups".
> So the XMLResourceBundle would need to implement this interface (or better
> a delegation should do so). It should be quite easy to support
> other resources
> (like e.g. a SQL database) by creating some Components implementing this
> interface then.

Actually I also have some pending commits to i18n stuff in Avalon
(XMLResourceBundle*) that would address some of your concerns. Especially I
would like to add an interface/abstract class that would make the i18n
services more pluggable and extendable and less XMLResourceBundle dependent.

Also... XMLResouceBundle right now extends java.util.ResourceBundle and I
find that quite limiting (it has some final methods that cannot be
overridden, etc). I would like to remove that dependancy and instead make
XMLResourceBundle extend/implement an Avalon interface that I already
mentioned above (org.apache.avalon.i18n.ResourceBundle?)...

For some more ideas about stuff on my TODO list, see also the posting in
Avalon list:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message