cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Heid <h...@agentsinaction.de>
Subject AW: [C2RC1a] Serious (maybeupload.jar) problem with Windows XP / JDK 1.3.1_01
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:56:37 GMT

Thanks for you fast aid.
I just downloaded the newest version and this one works perfectly (as far as
I tested).
As I'm not a developer of cocoon, I didn't know if C2 uses an adapted
version of it (as C2 seems to do with fop).

So the problem might be solved by using the newest jar. Can anyobody of the
developers integrate that into the CVS? What about changing maybeupload.jar
to maybeupload_1.0.5.jar? I think we need to integrate version numbers in
all of the jar filenames ...

Sorry for that alert.

JOERN_HEID

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Simon Brooke [mailto:simon@beesianum.jasmine.org.uk]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2001 12:30
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org; J?rn Heid
Cc: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org; simon@weft.co.uk;
maybeupload-list@weft.co.uk
Betreff: Re: [C2RC1a] Serious (maybeupload.jar) problem with Windows XP
/ JDK 1.3.1_01

On Thursday 18 October 2001 10:57, J?rn Heid wrote:
> When trying to start Cocoon (Resin 2.0.2) on XP I get
>
> java.lang.ClassFormatError:
> uk/co/weft/maybeupload/MaybeUploadRequestWrapper (Code of a method
> longer than 65535 bytes)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

OK, I need to know lots of things.

Which version of MaybeUpload are you guys now using?
Which JVM was in use on the Win XP machine? Which JVM on the Win2K
machine?

For what it's worth, my current (1.0.5) maybeupload has the full class
of MaybeUploadRequestWrapper compiled as 7300 bytes, and the jar file
is 32966 bytes, so something is wildly wrong. I suggest you download my
latest stuff from
and try with that. If it still breaks, get back to me.

                 'You cannot put "The Internet" into the Recycle Bin.'